Match Reports – Week ending 18.01.19

Glebe U9 girls played netball against Riddlesworth on Wednesday.

They got a great start and at the end of the first quarter we were losing 5-0.
In the second quarter Orla scored 1 and Riddlesworth scored 1, making the half time score 6-1 to Riddlesworth.
No one scored in the third quarter and Riddlesworth scored one more before the final whistle went.
We lost the match 7-1.
We have not played much netball yet but we made good progress during the game and our marking got a lot better.
My girl of the game is everyone. Well done girls. Keep trying!


Under 11 football v Fairstead House

On Wednesday 9th January the Under 11 football team took on Fairstead House at home. We started well and passed the ball up front to Freddie who scored a goal. We continued to be in charge of the game and soon it was 2-0 with Freddie scoring again. After half-time Edward and I scored but we stopped defending well and they scored two quick goals. After a really good move Freddie then scored our fifth and final goal, a score of 5-2.
My Men of the Match were Freddie and Edward.

Theo – Captain

Wednesday, 9th January

I won the toss and chose to start. We began well and put them under a lot of pressure. Jaybe scored two good goals and Freddy Williamson defended brilliantly. At half-time the score was 2-0 to us.
We started the second half well with Jaybe completing his hat trick with a tremendous strike from a free-kick. Unfortunately Fairstead then scored a goal as we pushed up too much and only had one player back in defence. I then intercepted a goal kick and scored our fourth goal. Stanley made a good save late in the game. The final score was 4-1 to us.
We all played really well but my man of the match is Freddy Williamson for his great defending. Well done team!

Benjy (Captain)

Wednesday, 16th January

There were three teams taking place in the football tournament, two from Glebe and one from Riddlesworth. The Glebe Panthers were captained by Sammy and I was captain of the Tigers.

The first match was Riddlesworth v the Panthers. It was a very entertaining match with both teams trying hard. The final score was 4-1 to the Panthers with Jaybe scoring a hat-trick just like he did last week. Congratulations to Freddie Kelsey for scoring the other goal – his first for Glebe.

The Tigers then played Riddlesworth and this proved to be a very close game with chances at both ends. I managed to score the only goal of the game.

It was all down to the final match of the tournament – the Panthers v the Tigers. This was another very close match which ended in a 0-0 draw. This meant that the Panthers won the tournament on goal difference, the Tigers were second and Riddlesworth came third.

Well done everyone who played!

Benjy (Captain)